Pool landscaping design – it’s more th an just plants– and is often overlooked in the design process.
One of the greatest benefits of a fiberglass pool by Southern Scapes Pools & Landscape Design of Northeastern NC is the opportunity to have a NC General Contractor AND landscape designer develop your fiberglass pool project with your end result in mind including pool landscaping design that will make you the envy of your neighbors, family and friends…
So often we see your basic pool, concrete and fence pool job… No interest, no design, no life! Your fiberglass pool should scream – “I want you!” Odds are if you aren’t using Southern Scapes, your pool is just an accessory – not the outdoor oasis it could & should be!
What should you consider when you are planning your fiberglass pool project? Here are just a few ideas including pool landscaping design:
- Pool Shape: While rectangle is nice – it doesn’t add a whole lot of interest to your landscape. Consider a free form pool or a pool with built-in features (i.e. tanning ledge, seating, etc) to add a bit of pizzazz to your fiberglass pool project.
- Concrete: Add a splash color or perhaps a texture or stamp to your concrete. It might add a tad more to your cost, but it will add a great deal of interest to the final product!
- Plantings: Leave room for plants! Add in a few pockets or a perimeter area for drought tolerant plants that add a little color and texture to your pool area.
- Rock Gardens: Rock gardens create interest and can even be functional depending on your design ideas. Rocks require no water – and make the pool have a more “natural feel”.
- Lighting: We love LED lighting! It is programmable and allows you to control the color of your pool. We also recommend adding additional exterior lighting (landscape or fence lighting) to create a pool experience just begging for a night-time party!
- Water Features: From the simple fountain to a slide to a full on waterfall, we can design and install the perfect water feature to set off your pool.
- Pool Bar or Cabana: Creating a bit of a shady spot or just a place for people to hang out is always an awesome idea! These spots are typically the most talked about and enjoyed areas of you outdoor oasis. You can dine, nap, relax, enjoy drinks, watch TV – or just simply enjoy your friends & family a bit more by adding an area for people to just relax and get some shade! Think of it as an outdoor living room – but poolside!