When you have children, the saying “It was no day at the beach” has a whole new meaning. I would say this is especially true if you are vacationing on the Outer Banks. OBX fiberglass pools designed by Southern Scapes, bring the vacation to your swimming pool – and your OBX rentals will increase guaranteed!
The beaches of the Outer Banks are both beautiful – and treacherous. I mean, after all, it is called the Graveyard of the Atlantic for a reason.
If you own a home or vacation property at the Outer Banks, installing a fiberglass pool should be a “no-brainer”. You and your guests can enjoy fun in the sand – without the sand and grit – and with more access to shade. Why is shade important? Sunburn!!!
With 2 children on my own, I can say I learned this lesson in part from trial and error. A day at the beach meant – vacuuming my car, a huge mess of sand in the bathroom and shower, and, unfortunately, SUNBURN. If you have ever had a child with sunburn, well – you know it is no day at the beach.
The beauty of a fiberglass pool (besides that it adds value, character, and is low maintenance) – is that it allows you and your guests to enjoy the sun and water without all the mess of the beach. More importantly, it provides quick access to shade since it is just right outside! What does this mean – less opportunities for sunburn and miserable kids!
All exposure to the sun comes with its dangers. Here are a few good reminders about how to enjoy the sun safely:
1. Apply sunscreen GENEROUSLY, about 20 minutes before going outdoors.
2. Use sunscreen with a SPF of at least 15 (I recommend 30 myself).
3. Re-apply every 2 hours or less, especially if you are swimming or sweating.
4. Wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses to help prevent your face from too much sun exposure.
5. Sand, snow and water reflects the rays of the sun and increases your chances of getting burned. Seek shade often!
Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States – so it is important to take precautions anytime you are outside whether you are at the beach or sitting poolside!